The Three Month Mark!!

So, I was doing a little math today. (I know. I was shocked too. Voluntary math. I never thought I would see the day. :-P) And guess what??

ALWAYS NEVERLAND pubs exactly three months from today!!!

I can't believe it! October 11 is sneaking up on me fast. Whole days go by when I completely forget that I have a book coming out this year. Then, on other days, a serious case of nerves thunders over me, and I bite my fingernails to raggedy stumps.

(This is one of the nail-biting days, btw.)

But I also can't believe that I've waited so long to post a description of my book!

I wanted to post the final version of the flap copy (that is the one you read on the front inside cover of a hardback book), but I think the galley copy will do. You remember those pretty galleys I received a few months ago, right? Well, the description on the back of the galley is usually very similar to the flap copy. The biggest difference is that this description is written to appeal more to adult reviewers, booksellers, and librarians than to kid readers.

But anyway, are you ready?

Without further ado, here's the galley copy:


Peter thinks Ashley will come to Neverland to do the Lost Boys' spring cleaning--but Ashley has other plans. 

Since his original adventure with the Darlings, Peter Pan has been bringing new "Wendy girls" to Neverland to take care of the Lost Boys. Now he's come for Ashley. She can't wait to learn to fly! But spring cleaning? No way! Ashley's made of much tougher stuff than the Wendy girls of the past--she'd rather swim with the mermaids, or fight Captain Hook and his pirate crew. Creating new adventures for her new friends, Ashley quickly brings changes to Neverland...but Tinkerbell and Tiger Lily aren't too happy about it. 

ALWAYS NEVERLAND delivers a fresh, sweet take on J. M. Barrie's eternal classic. With thrills, bright humor, and adventure at every turn, modern readers will find themselves once again swept up in the magic of Neverland.

SQUEEEEE!!!! :-)


(And insert nailbiting here. :-P)