Happy Thought: Fleet Foxes

This has been an incredibly busy month, you guys, and it looks like June will be a busy one as well.

So, VERY quickly, I want to share with you my new love - what I've been listening to on repeat about fifty times in the past few weeks: Fleet Foxes' self-titled album.



It's not exactly a new album. It came out three years ago. I actually downloaded it to my iPod months and months ago and ignored it completely.

Then, my new roommate recommended them to me, and a few days later, someone posted this Fleet Foxes cover of "I Can't Help Falling In Love" to Tumblr:



ETA (June 2012): This is mildly embarrassing, but I've just found out that Fleet Foxes didn't do this cover. A cover band that sounds like Fleet Foxes named "Fleet Foxes Sing" covered and recorded this track. So, you can see how I got confused. :-P

Basically, it was my gateway Fleet Foxes song. They match this month's mood completely. There's something lovely, bittersweet, folksy, soulful, and hopeful about them. And calming - which is an invaluable trait during such a busy month.

But isn't that funny? The way something can be around FOREVER but it enters your life exactly when you need it? This has happened to me with books too. I think Ella Enchanted and the Blue Sword entered my orbit in sixth grade, the beginning of middle school - right when I started searching for spunky and strong girl role models. But that's a blog post topic for another day.

Here are a few of my favorites:







And to all you students reaching the end of the school year...

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!