Friday Five - Wishlist

My birthday is a month from yesterday, and these are the things I really really want.
(Clearly, my taste runs to the expensive. Which is why I still want them. :-P)

I'm pretty sure that all of these are the model I'm looking at (Cooper S 2011), but I'm seriously not sure: I just scavenged them off of Google images...
1. MINI COOPER

Do you remember the MINI ad campaign that came out approximately 8 years ago?  From a magazine insert, you could pop out two cardboard cutouts and fold them up into two little mini models. The slogan said, Get two. They're small.


That is when my love affair with MINIs began. I kept those little cardboard models in my glove compartment for an embarrassing amount of time.
I promised myself that I would (try to get one by my twenty-fifth birthday, and it looks like I might actually get it. (!!!! Keep your fingers crossed!)


2. SEASIDE WRITING RETREAT


Technically, I already spent some time by the beach this year, twice in fact, but there's a reason: The ocean figures predominantly into my WIP, and although it's not going badly, it's not clipping along at the pace I would like. (Especially since I wanted to finish the first draft by Aug 19.)



But I booked this yesterday!! Carolina Beach from Aug 8 to Aug 12, to be exact. :-D

3. California

I will start here.
I've been telling people that I was going to move there for nearly two and a half years. It's time.

I'll go for a probationary period. From the middle of August until um...Oct 11. When Always Neverland comes out. *gulp*

4. Bookcases

I had this bookcase! But I gave it away when I left NYC in 2009, and I've been kicking myself ever since.
I lust after bookcases.
These shelves would also be perfectly acceptable.
My poor books are boxed up, gathering dust in all corners of the house. I dream of the day when I can sit in a room and see all the spines of all my books at once.

5. An apartment filled with light.

Okay, maybe not as bright as I would like, but look at those shelves!!
So, I can have a place of my own. To put those aforementioned bookcases in, of course.

And this one is just so cool!! It's a staircase, full of books! (Btw, you can click through to the source link.)
---

Okay, so I don't actually plan to get all this for my birthday. But I think I can manage the first two by the end of next month, and then work toward the others for Christmas?

Yes, I like this plan.

Now...off to test drive another MINI!