Miss me?

Oh, how quickly the goals are sabotaged.
I promised you four posts a month. Month One has already fallen short. 
*looks down and shakes hair forward to hide blush the color of radish*
But I have a really good excuse! 

Readers, we are moving.

I didn't pack all of these boxes. BUT I packed a lot of them.
Here you see the boxes in the living room of the old house...

...and here you see the boxes in the living room of the NEW house. This one's much bigger, right?
I did consider taking a picture of my room and putting it up here, but I couldn't bear to let you guys see the messiness.
But we've lived in the previous house for twenty years, so we have our work cut out for us.

For your amusement, here is the weirdest load I've had to take over to the new house (so far):

Yes, that is my fingertip in the bottom right corner. (I cropped as much as I could!)
Yes, that is exactly what it looks like: a laundry basket full of frozen meat, veggies, and flour tortillas.

I haven't introduced myself to the neighbors yet, but if this is all they saw of me, they probably think I am the most unprofessional and random of grocery delivery persons.

Don't worry. I will win them over with my cookies. :-)

(Cookies are magic. I made some for our old neighbors when we broke the news that we were moving....um, this afternoon. Miraculously, none of them were angry that we didn't tell them earlier. Their mouths were too full of yummy pecan-filled cookie goodness. *insert evil cookie-baking laugh here* Magic, I tell you.)

The movers - ie. the professionals - come tomorrow at 8AM. I have several more pieces of furniture to clean out before then.

Wish me luck, readers!